Conflict Resolution and Mediation
Mediation is a voluntary dispute settlement process run by a trained third party. In short, mediation can be defined as negotiation facilitated by a trusted third party. Our mediators bring parties together to clear up misunderstandings, find out concerns, and reach a resolution.
Conflict can lead to tension within, and between people. Our conflict resolution model deals with both the issues and the relationship.
We specialise in environmental mediation and aim to find common ground between the opposing parties (example: I&APs and developer). We do not represent any group; instead we remain fiercely independent and aim to find a workable resolution for all parties concerned. Our code of ethics ensures that we work in an open, honest, integral and transparent manner to ensure that we find a solution that everyone can live with. Environmental Mediation ensures a win-win situation for all stakeholders involved and keeps the issue in question out of the courtrooms thus saving in lawyer fees.
Our environmental mediation services may be for you if you are experiencing:
- Environmental appeals, standstills and objections
- Conflicts with neighbours regarding environmental issues
- Negotiation regarding compensation and settlements
- Ongoing or unresolved environmental conflict
- Objections to new developments
- Non-compliance with environmental commitments
- Differences of opinion regarding environmental issues
- Pending community action
- Pending litigation
- Irrational demands
- Public or media attention regarding environmental impacts