Mari Wolmarans works with corporates, investors, groups and individuals at all levels. She provides proactive strategic advice on environmental issues and sustainable development.
Mari has been active in the environmental consultancy field since 1995. She has been a registered professional environmental scientist since 2001, and certified as an environmental assessment practitioner since 2004. Mari is generalist environmental scientist, specialising in the management of complex environmental studies and multi-disciplinary teams of specialists. She has been responsible for the environmental studies for various projects with a value of over R 1 billion, and has managed professional services contract budgets in excess of R20 million.
She has a proven track-record in managing studies in mining, infrastructure development, processing and smelting, manufacturing, construction, waste management, eco-tourism, hospitality. She has long-standing clients and her involvement in projects is frequently based on direct referrals. Her strengths include the ability to think strategically and out of the box, and to use her creative flair to solve complex problems.
Mari is often called to participate as part of a project team for pre-feasibility and feasibility studies or as part of an audit team for the review of bankable feasibility studies. She contributes by: providing strategic environmental and sustainability input, environmental legal audits and advice, and through the development of environmental and sustainability design criteria, risk assessments, and evaluation of project alternatives.
She has conducted various environmental due diligence and compliance audits throughout South Africa and southern Africa since 2001.
Mari has worked in all nine provinces of South Africa as well as extensively in Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Lesotho, and the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC).
Her involvement in projects often starts during the conceptual planning stage, continues throughout the detailed planning and procedural and implementation phases.
She has facilitated and managed numerous public participation processes linked to environmental assessments and feasibility studies and is an accomplished public speaker and presenter.
Mari has written and reviewed numerous complex technical reports and authored five information documents for environmental assessment for the Department of Environmental Affairs and Tourism in 2003.
Prior to establishing Ethical Exchange Sustainability Services (Pty) Ltd, Mari was a Director and Founding Member of Synergistics Environmental Services (Pty) Ltd, an successful environmental company established in 2004.
Mari’s qualifications include:
- Bachelor in Landscape Architecture: Faculty of Natural Science, UP, 1991.
- IEMA approved Carbon Footprint Management Course: Aspects International, 2011.
- Coaching Course, The Success Factory, 2008.
- Business Management and Negotiation (one-year postgraduate diploma), 2003.
- Environmental Impact Assessment: Project Management Short Course, CSIR, 2002.
- IEMA accredited Environmental Management System Implementation Course, WSP, 2001.
- IEMA accredited Internal Environmental Management System Auditing Course, WSP, 2001.
- EARA/IEMA accredited Environmental Auditor Training Course: Aspects International, 2000.
Wim Schroeder works with corporates, investors, groups and individuals at all levels. He provides coaching (corporate and individual) as well as mediation and dispute resolution services. Wim has vast business experience in telecommunications and publishing, having started and run several companies.
Professional membership includes:
- SAAM (South Africa Association of Mediators)
- Comensa (Coaches and Mentors of South Africa)
Wim’s qualifications and relevant training includes:
- Systematic Training for Effective Parenting, 1997
- Business Management Diploma, Damelin Management School, 1988
- Marketing & Business Management Diploma, Oxford Brookes University, 2000
- Advance Divorce and Family Mediation Course, Divorce and Family Mediators, 2010
- Learning Through Professional Practise, University of Surrey, 2011
- Coaching Course, The Success Factory, 2013